Release Date: 08 Dec 2006
Category: Computer Hardware
An Inside Look at Windows Vista Security for Systems Administrators
Get an early start on Windows Vista security and the technology shifts you'll need to know as a systems administrator. From leading Windows expert Mark Minasi comes this "just-in-time" book to get you there. This targeted, hands-on guide takes a rapid-fire approach to the biggest security changes and how they'll affect business as usual for those who must integrate and provide technical support for Windows Vista. You'll find practical instruction, tips, workarounds, and much more.
* Work through a slew of Vista surprises, such as logging on as Administrator and how to re-enable Run
* Discover how virtualization works--and where it doesn't
* Find out why you can no longer delete files in System32, even though you are an Administrator
* Get familiar with new post-boot security features such as PatchGuard
* Protect laptops to the max with the innovative BitLocker feature
* Meet the new Windows Integrity mechanism
* Explore the revamped Event Viewer, event forwarding, and new troubleshooting tools
Go above and beyond what you've heard about Vista
Discover the changes to Share and Registry Access
Catch up on all the encryption news and services
Try out Vista Remote Desktop with its enhanced security
This title is not held in stock & is ordered from suppliers, subject to availability.