Teaching essential skills for life, school, work, and independent living, this comprehensive and practical toolkit supports educators and clinicians in their work with adolescents and young adults with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or Learning Difference (LD) diagnosis. It presents tried-and-true strategies that address difficulties with social skills and Executive Function, cognitive rigidity, self-esteem issues, and more. It includes:
- Focused chapters on skills for life, school, work, and independent living
- Photocopiable teaching materials and tips for classroom management
- Sections on peer-mentoring, mediation, and inclusion
- Assessment strategies, including student self-assessment materials and feedback forms
- Contributions from experts in the field, including Dr. Stephen Shore, Liane Holliday Willey, Dr. Brenda Smith Myles, Barbara Bissonnette and Jennifer Cook O'Toole.
Drawing on over 30 years' teaching experience at the College Internship Program (CIP), Dr. Michael P. McManmon's toolkit is a complete curriculum for educators, clinicians, and professionals who teach or advise young adults on the ASD or LD Spectrum. It can also be used effectively by parents and individuals for self-study.
This title is not held in stock & is ordered from suppliers, subject to availability.
Reviews of Autism and Learning Differences - An Active Learning Teaching Toolkit:
'A readable, visually appealing and well-structured book that will appeal to educators and professionals, as well as parents and students. The author shares with the reader a wealth of information gathered from over thirty years of experience and research. This has been put together in one of the most understandable, structured and well-formatted educational books I have read. Its content is colourful, interesting and clear, offering tools, strategies, explanations and worksheets that can be used as they are or easily adapted to an individual's needs. Michael McManmon explains the diagnosis and its usefulness in a positive, straightforward way and answers many questions that might be asked by an individual affected by an ASD or LD. I cannot recommend it enough.'
- Maxine Aston, counsellor, supervisor and author of ?The Other Half of Asperger Syndrome (Autism Spectrum Disorder)?
View other Michael P McManmon titles like "Autism and Learning Differences - An Active Learning Teaching Toolkit"
Write a customer review of Autism and Learning Differences - An Active Learning Teaching Toolkit.
If you like this title please tell others:
Australian Bookshop. Established 2003