Ming Wang;Tracy Swartz
Release Date: 01 January 2006
As the popularity of wavefront sensing continues to rise, it is important to keep pace with the latest developments in corneal topography, an indispensable part of anterior segment ophthalmology practice. "Corneal Topography in the Wavefront Era: A Guide for Clinical Application" delivers the information needed to develop an understanding of the state-of-the-art corneal topographic technology and its relationship to keratorefractive surgery.
The improvement in corneal topographic and wavefront-sensing technologies coupled with the advent of an innovative custom treatment approach using these two technologies has ushered in a new era of anterior segment imaging and specific structure-based custom treatment resulting in clinical outcomes.
Dr. Ming Wang has organized a team of over 30 of the field's leading professionals to produce this informative, comprehensive, and clinically oriented text. Inside "Corneal Topography in the Wavefront Era," you will find a comprehensive review of the scientific principles of corneal topography and clinical application of all major topographic imaging systems currently available.
Emphasis is placed on the understanding of the principles and clinical guidance in the use of these technologies for addressing important clinical issues, such as an in-depth discussion and practical topography guide for recognition of forme fruste keratoconus. Additionally, cutting-edge technologies such as topography-based and combined approach with topography and wavefront-based custom treatment of all major systems are presented.
Additional Topics Include:
- History of corneal topography
- Anatomy and physiology of the cornea
- Classification of topographic technologies
- Preoperative evaluation for refractive surgery
- Postoperative management after refractive surgery
- Posterior corneal changes in refractive surgery
- Concise presentation of the key scientific principles of each of the major topographic technologies.
- Logical and sequential guide for clinical application of the new imaging technologies.
- Clinical case presentations reinforce the key scientific concepts discussed and serve as an easy-access reference for the most common examples of topographic problems found in anterior segment and refractive surgery patients.
- Extensive color figures, scales, and topographical maps that illustrate the types and features of corneal topography and clinical case presentations.
The focus and scope of "Corneal Topography in the Wavefront Era: A Guide for Clinical Application" makes it a must-have text for all anterior segment surgeons, ophthalmologists and optometrists.
This title is not held in stock & is ordered from suppliers, subject to availability.
Write a customer review of Corneal Topography in the Wavefront Era: A Guide for Clinical Application.
If you like this title please tell others:
Australian Bookshop. Established 2003