Release Date: 01 Feb 2005
This much-needed handbook is for anyone seeking a career afloat as professional crew on a large yacht or superyacht.
Speaking from 15 years' personal experience, Kim Davis outlines the different responsibilities of each crew member and explains what will be expected of them, from skipper, first mate and engineer to steward, chef or deckhand. She provides welcome advice on:
- useful contacts (charter companies, crew placement agencies, training courses
- job hunting tips and the best recruitment areas
- how to impress prospective employers
- sample CVs and salary scales
- documentation requirements
- rewards and dangers of the job.
Laden with practical first-hand advice, this book will be welcomed by prospective crew seeking a career in a challenging but highly rewarding and often glamorous environment.
This title is not held in stock & is ordered from suppliers, subject to availability.