Duration: 50 mins (10 tracks)
Includes the complete program, Part I & II.
SOUND TRACK ONLY
How to use this CD
Let Dr Lam talk you through the "learning" tracks in a slower-than-normal practice speed. When you're familiar with the movements, use the "practice" tracks to practice. His gentle voice will guide you through any part of the program so that you can practice without having to memorised the movements.
If you are an instructor of this program, you can put the CD on, while Dr Lam's voice take your students through the movements, you can demonstrate in front of, or observe and correct your students.
This CD is most effective to be used in conjunction with class, book, instructional video or DVD of this program.
* Track 1 Warm-up exercises.................12:02
* Track 2 Cool-down exercises................2:37
* Track 3 Learning Basic 6......................3:47
* Track 4 Practice Basic 6......................1:47
* Track 5 Learning Advanced 6................ 3:51
* Track 6 Practice 12-movement...............2:35
* Track 7 Learning the reverse 12-movement...5:48
* Track 8 Practice 21-movement...............4:24
* Track 9 Learning Part 2..........................6:24
* Track 10 Practice 31-movement..............6:32
Total duration approx 50 minutes
At the inside of the fold of the front cover:
Essential Practising Principles for Beginners
These simple, easy to understand principles will assist you to improve your Tai Chi and explore the deeper meaning of the art.
1. Good control of movements. Make your movements slow, continuous, and even (not jerky and keep the same speed throughout).
2. Cultivate your inner force (Qi) by imagining that the air around you is dense, and you have to move against a gentle resistance.
3. Be aware of your weight transference.
4. Maintain an upright posture without tension for proper body alignment,
5. Loosen the joints. Gently stretch all your joints from within.
6. Focus on your movement.
About the Author
Dr Paul Lam is a practicing physician and tai chi master for 30 years, is a world leader in the field of tai chi for health improvement. In collaboration with medical experts, Dr Lam has created several Tai Chi for Health programs to help improve people's wellbeing and quality of life. He is a past gold medalist in international competition and author and producer of many best-selling books, videos and DVDs.
This title is not held in stock & is ordered from suppliers, subject to availability.
Reviews of Dr Paul Lam Talks You Through Tai Chi for Arthritis:
* \"I am a geriatric nurse practitioner from the University of Pennsylvania. I am currently managing a research project for fall prevention in the inner city elderly. I previewed several videos on Tai Chi, including the one used for the study done in Atlanta that showed the effectiveness of Tai Chi for fall prevention. I found that the videos by Dr. Lam were the most helpful by far. They are the next best thing to having a teacher in the room with you! Dr. Lam\'s extensive experience enables him to point out areas that are difficult for many students. I highly recommend these videos for self learning.\"
- Bill Edwards, Pennsylvania USA
* \"...We are doing the tai chi forms for the first time, and we love it. We became interested because my aunt, who lives in Washington, has been practicing it for some time. She is 88 years old,very healthy and still very active...The reason we ordered again is that my sisters and a sister-in-law in Peru are interested in starting the exercises too, so we are going to send them the videos.\"
- Gladys Aparicio
* \"I am a forty eight year old Nurse and after having a healthy and active life style I was diagnosed as having Rheumatoid Arthritis five years ago. Since then I?ve tried numerous Anti-inflammatory drugs, Arthritis diet, exercise and even Yoga, but I was still in constant pain and was limping quite badly. Sometimes I couldn?t even lift a cup of coffee or dry myself after a shower in the morning because my joints were so painful. It was so bad that I either had to take days off work or take regular pain killers before I went to work. This was starting to get me down as the side effects of the medications were starting to effect my personality and I wasn?t feeling quite myself. I became very depressed, irritable and unsociable.
Just over a year ago I heard about your Tai Chi classes through the Arthritis Foundation and immediately enrolled. Within a few weeks I noticed the difference. This was one class I was looking forward to attending every week as I was actually enjoying doing Tai Chi because it was such a gentle form of exercise... Since taking up Tai Chi I noticed I?ve become much more flexible and not limping anymore and above all, I rarely need to take pain killers.\"
- Name withheld upon request
View other Paul Lam titles like "Dr Paul Lam Talks You Through Tai Chi for Arthritis"
Write a customer review of Dr Paul Lam Talks You Through Tai Chi for Arthritis.
If you like this title please tell others: