An indispensable reference to organic cultivation methods, combined with a moon-planting guide, to help gardeners work with the cycles of nature. An easy-to-follow moon-planting routine for all aspects of gardening, with a listing of the best planting, harvesting, and pruning days from 2006 to 2013, is provided.
Easy Organic Gardening and Moon Planting is an essential reference for all gardeners who care about their family’s health and the environment. Written for Australian gardeners to assist them in addressing the challenges of climate change and improve the health of their gardens, Easy Organic Gardening and Moon Planting is packed with information and easy to follow step-by-step guides on:
* how to drought-proof your whole garden
* getting the best results from water restrictions
* how to convert water-repellent dirt into healthy, productive garden loam
* how to make top-quality fertiliser from worm farms
* making excellent compost, quickly
* using green manures to maintain the health of your soil
* how and when to grow your favourite fruit, vegetables and culinary herbs
* how to garden in pots and boxes
* how to care for trees, shrubs and flowering annuals
* how and when to prune
* propagating from seeds and cuttings
* coping with frost, hail and bushfires
* how to treat garden pests and diseases without using poisons.
This practical handbook also includes a perpetual monthly gardening calendar advising you on what to do when in your garden for all Australian and New Zealand climate zones, plus space for you to add personal reminders. And, for those who follow the ancient gardening practice of moon planting, a listing of the best days for different gardening activities up to the end of 2013.
This title is not held in stock & is ordered from suppliers, subject to availability.