Release Date: 01 October 2008
Format: Paperback / softback
From the anxiety of coming out to self-acceptance and dealing with the stigma of AIDS, there is a vital need for many gay men and lesbian women to recover their self-esteem, as well as their emotional and spiritual well-being. Now, Dr. Pimental-Habib, a clinical psychologist specializing in gay and lesbian issues, offers encouragement and enlightenment through intimate real-life stories, meditations, and a common-sense one-on-one approach to life and love. Whether for yourself, your parents, your child, or for someone close to you, here are healing solutions for dealing with every aspect of being gay and lesbian, including:
There is also a comprehensive listing of gay and lesbian community centres across the country, advocacy services and HIV healthcare programs, making EMPOWERING THE TRIBE a unique and invaluable approach to the possibilities of emotional health and lasting happiness.
- Coping with the roots of homophobia and low self-esteem
- Childhood conditioning, gay/lesbian adolescence, and family approval
- Self-acceptance and the narcissistic gay subculture
- Breaking destructive relationship patterns
- The conflicts of religious beliefs
- Alcohol addiction, domestic violence, and recovery
- Love, loss and grieving in the shadows of AIDS
- The responsibilities of gay/lesbian parents-and the parents of gay/lesbians
This title is not held in stock & is ordered from suppliers, subject to availability.
View other Richard Pimental-Habib titles like "Empowering the Tribe: A Positive Guide to Gay and Lesbian Self-Esteem"
Write a customer review of Empowering the Tribe: A Positive Guide to Gay and Lesbian Self-Esteem.
If you like this title please tell others:
Australian Bookshop. Established 2003