Yuriy K Sirenko
Release Date: 01 December 2009
The advances in the theory of diffraction gratings and the applications of these results certainly determine the progress in several areas of applied science and engineering. The polarization converters, phase shifters and filters, quantum and solid-state oscillators, open quasi optical dispersive resonators and power compressors, slow-wave structures and patter forming systems, accelerators and spectrometer; that is still far from being a complete list of devices exploiting the amazing ability of periodic structures to perform controlled frequency, spatial, and polarization selection of signals.
Diffraction gratings used to be and still are one of the most popular objects of analysis in electromagnetic theory. The further development of the theory of diffraction gratings, in spite of considerable achievements, is still very important presently. The requirements of applied optics and microwave engineering present the theory of diffraction gratings with many new problems which force us to search for new methods and tools for their resolution. Just in such way there appeared recently new fields, connected with the analysis, synthesis and definition of equivalent parameters of artificial materials a " layers and coatings, having periodic structure and possessing features, which can be found in natural materials only in extraordinary or exceptional situations.
In this book the authors present results of the electromagnetic theory of diffraction gratings that may constitute the base of further development of this theory which can meet the challenges provided by the most recent requirements of fundamental and applied science.
The following issues will be considered in the book
- Authentic methods of analytical regularization, that perfectly match the requirements of analysis of resonant scattering of electromagnetic waves by gratings;
- Spectral theory of gratings, providing a reliable foundation for the analysis of spatial a " frequency transformations of electromagnetic fields occurring in open periodic resonators and waveguides;
- Parametric Fourier method and C-method, that are oriented towards the efficient numerical analysis of transformation properties of fields in the case of arbitrary profile periodic boundary between dielectric media and multilayered conformal arrays;
- Rigorous methods for analysis of transient processes and time-spatial transformations of electromagnetic waves in resonant situations, based on development and incorporation in standard numerical routines of FDTD of so called explicit absorbing boundary conditions;
- New approaches to the solution of homogenization problems a " the key problem arising in construction of metamaterials and meta surfaces;
- New physical results about the resonance scattering of pulse and monochromatic waves by periodic structures, including structures with chiral or left-handed materials;
- Methods and the results of the solutions of several actual applied problems of analysis and synthesis of pattern creating gratings, power compressors, resonance radiators of high capacity short radio pulses, open electromagnetic structures for the systems of resonant quasi optics and absorbing coatings.
This title is not held in stock & is ordered from suppliers, subject to availability.
View other Yuriy K Sirenko titles like "Modern Theory of Gratings: Resonant Scattering: Analysis Techniques and Phenomena"
Write a customer review of Modern Theory of Gratings: Resonant Scattering: Analysis Techniques and Phenomena.
If you like this title please tell others:
Australian Bookshop. Established 2003