Bowers Vinton & Vidler
Release Date: January 2008
Format: Paperback / softback
Office Tax Procedures with 2008 Update: Process Business Tax Requirements
Office Tax Procedures: Process Business Tax Requirements 7e with 2008 Update provides accounting and small business students as well as small business operators with the latest information for complying with tax requirements for business.
Packed with a 2008 Update, this text is current with all the relevant changes in legislation, up to and including November 2007. It includes new coverage on:
* New Medicare levy thresholds and changes to tax offsets
* New tax rates and associated schedules for PAYG withholding
* Budget changes to the GST registration threshold and tax invoice values
* The FBT benchmark interest rate and record keeping threshold for 2007/2008
* Numerous superannuation administration changes that have occurred
* HELP debt repayment thresholds and the 2007/2008 HRI rates
* States and Australian Capital Territory changes in taxation such as land tax rates, changes to payroll tax and transactions duties
* Updated examples from every chapter where rates have changed
* Updated answers to all multiple choice questions to reflect the tax changes.
Plus students and teachers can download (at bottom of this web page) regular updates from Tom Mason including:
* A Federal and State Budget Update 2007/8 (June 2007)
* Tax Updates (2 per year).
New To This Edition
* In Practice: A summary giving a practical application of the key concepts discussed in the chapter
* Learning check: This feature highlights the appropriate Skills and Knowledge covered within the chapter
* Multiple-choice questions: These end-of-chapter questions reinforce students’ understanding of the chapter content. The answers to odd-numbered questions are provided at the back of the book
* Quick and easy comprehension: These true and false questions are provided to further reinforce students understanding of key chapter concepts
* Assessments: These are more detailed questions testing a deeper level of student knowledge
* Case Questions: These are practical application questions related to the running case of Colossal Constructions Pty Ltd. Full details of Colossal Constructions is provided at the end of Chapter 1
* Classroom Activities: These are practical activities (involving various mediums including the web), which lecturers can use in class to assess key chapter concepts
* Appendix (forms): Hardcopies of all relevant Australian Tax Office forms cited in the book, are included in the back of the book
* Legislative Updates: Regular legislative updates are posted on the texts website to help lecturers and students keep abreast of significant amendments to tax laws.
* Chapter summaries giving a practical application of the key concepts discussed
* End-of-chapter multiple-choice, true/false, self-test assessments and case study questions reinforce students’ understanding of the chapter content
* Classroom activities provide an additional tool to assess key chapter concepts
* Hardcopies of all relevant Australian Tax Office forms are included in the back of the book providing real life examples.
Table Of Contents
Part 1: Federal Taxes and Procedures
2. The Tax File Number and Australian Business Number systems
3. Pay as You Go (PAYG)
4. Goods and Services Tax (GST)
5. Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT)
6. Superannuation Guarantee Levy
7. Higher Education Loan Program
8. Child Support Agency (CSA)
Part 2: State Taxes and Procedures
9. Payroll Tax
10. Dutiable transactions (stamp duties)
11. Land Tax
Part 3: New Directions for Tax Reforms
12. Tax Criteria
13. Tax in the Third Millennium
About the Author(s)
Helen Bowers, Robert Vinton and Robyn Vidler have had many years experience in theoretical and practical applications of office tax procedures and tax laws. They are all certified public accountants and tax agents with many years experience teaching taxation law and accounting-related subjects in TAFE.
This title is not held in stock & is ordered from suppliers, subject to availability.