Personal Health Choices Big Book explores what are healthy choices and what are unhealthy choices. It provides teachers and students with an opportunity to read about and discuss the choices students make every day.
The big book looks at:
- eating nutritious foods ? choosing different foods from the five food groups
- exercising regularly
- avioding risky activities ? including looking at the health effects of drugs, smoking, alcohol and caffeine
- the environment and how it can impact on our health
- some illnesses students might deal with
- who influences our decisions.
School Level: Middle Primary
Reading Age: 8+ years
Healthand Understanding is a literacy-based series and interactive whiteboard program that helps teachers with these health issues during the last three years of primary school. The series provides teachers and students with the opportunity to explore a range of health topics that are involved in, and required for, a healthy lifestyle.
Written by experienced children?s authors including Hazel Edwards, Goldie Alexander, Alan Horsfield and Wendy St Germain, Health and Understanding is endorsed by the Centre for Hormone Research, a joint department of the Royal Children?s Hospital and Murdoch Childrens Research Institute.
This title is not held in stock & is ordered from suppliers, subject to availability.