Since the groundbreaking first edition of Rational Emotive Approaches to the Problems of Childhood by Albert Ellis and Michael Bernard two decades ago, our understanding of the nature and treatment of childrena (TM)s problems has grown considerably. Now in a completely new volume, Albert Ellis and childrena (TM)s REBT specialist Professor Michael Bernard have revised and updated this pioneering volume to reflect both the latest in clinical practice and research.
Fourteen expert contributors (including many from the original) share with the editors a deep commitment to integrating REBT with other cognitive-behavioral methods, and to providing young people with developmentally appropriate care. Together they give readers a practical framework for conducting assessment, treatment, and prevention with individuals, clients and groups as well as in family and school settings.
Key features of this new edition include:
- Developmental considerations in using REBT with children and adolescents
- Specific chapters devoted to major disorders -- aggression, phobias anxiety, depression, academic underachievement, and ADHD
- Latest strategies for challenging and changing the irrational beliefs of young people
- Techniques for building key REBT skills: emotional resilience and frustration tolerance
- Extensive research findings on the efficacy of REBT with young people
- Brand-new material on special issues -- involving parents, conducting group sessions, and working with exceptional children
- An overview of Rational Emotive Education and You Can Do It Education, school-based applications of REBT
With coverage this thorough, Ellis, Bernard, and collaborators have created a resource of immediate value to child and adolescent mental health practitioners including school psychologists, school counselors, school social workers, behavior therapists, and family therapists, and educators involved in helping young people overcome behavioral disorders.
This title is not held in stock & is ordered from suppliers, subject to availability.
View other Albert Ellis;Michael E Bernard titles like "Rational Emotive Behavioral Approaches to Childhood Disorders: Theory, Practice and Research"
Write a customer review of Rational Emotive Behavioral Approaches to Childhood Disorders: Theory, Practice and Research.
If you like this title please tell others:
Australian Bookshop. Established 2003