Quilting Basics with Modern Flair
* 12 quilt projects for beginners, confident beginners, and intermediates
* Explore different options for each project-make it with just two colors or scrappy, make it vintage or mod, make it soft or playful.
* Alternate colorways included with each project show you how swapping out fabrics can change the look of the same block.
* Learn how to cut, piece, appliqu?, machine quilt, bind, and finish.
* Pick up helpful tips and tricks to stay organized and master the methods.
Try a fresh, relaxed approach to making quilts with this new "go-to" book. The bright aesthetic and clear, simple instructions guide beginners and intermediates alike through the entire process of creating fun and useful quilts that they'll be proud to call their own.
About the Author
Elizabeth Hartman is a self-taught quiltmaker and pattern designer for modern sewing and quilting. Having grown up in a family that was always making things, she got hooked on quilting as soon as she tried it. She loves the play of color and pattern, the orderliness of the process, and, perhaps best of all, the reward at the end...a fantastic and functional piece. Elizabeth lives in Portland.
This title is not held in stock & is ordered from suppliers, subject to availability.
Reviews of The Practical Guide to Patchwork: New Basics for the Modern Quiltmaker:
Review By: Christina Lane,
"Elizabeth's book is well thought out, and easy to read and understand. It is the perfect book for all levels of quilting - but especially for the new quilter who has everything to learn. Every step of the process is covered, without overwhelming you in the learning process. Lots of space is provided on each page to explain the process with words and photos - which in my opinion goes a long way towards making the process of learning to quilt calming and has the readers really saying to themselves "I can do this." Every one of the projects is something you will want to make. Stepping from beginner to advanced, every quilt will feel achievable."
View other Elizabeth Hartman titles like "The Practical Guide to Patchwork: New Basics for the Modern Quiltmaker"
Write a customer review of The Practical Guide to Patchwork: New Basics for the Modern Quiltmaker.
If you like this title please tell others: